Jag Var Där - KRISTALLERTURNÉN : The Day When I Met LALEH

November 29, 2016

Photo credit to Laleh

KRISTALLERTURNÉN 
Laleh's Kristaller Tour, Sweden 2016 
The Day When I Met LALEH 

As I have written a long story about seeing Laleh concert and meeting up 
with her after that in Thai version here, I decided to write it in English too, for some reasons...

On the 29th of October,
I was in Västerås, a small city in Sweden that I've never been before
but I booked a trains, place to stay and preparing to be here for 3 days,
just because of her concert, Laleh

I've been listening to her since Spring, it wasn't such a long time 
but I loved her since I listened to her song "First day of Spring", 
Vårens Första Dag, it was also on the first day of spring 
that I was really really serious becoming her fan.. she's so amazing 

And then when I heard that she's having a new album coming out soon
and also gonna have a tour concert as well, I didn't hesitate to come to Sweden 
again, even it takes a lot of money and time to come, I'd go to see her  at least once 
in my life time.. I know it's gonna worth it. And yes, then it happened, I bought ticket- 
planes, trains, hotels, and a concert ticket, all ready and here I come, 

I choose Västerås instead of Stockholm because of the timing, 
the dates 29th of October was perfect for my time in Sweden 
and it doesn't matter how far the city is, I can take a train anywhere just to see some amazing thing like her concert. And yes, Västerås was a great choice I made


Västerås


I've been in Sweden before but Vasteras is new to me. It was a great day when 
the day came, I was very excited, I met some new friends who took me to amazing 
places around the city, it looked boring at the first day I arrived but it got so much better when I made some friends :) But I couldn't eat anything at all because I was
very excited to see Laleh, I don't even know why. But I enjoyed the day so much

Then I went home around 3:30 pm to prepare some things and it took me a while to 
finished it, then I got more excited around 5:30 pm then I left home... 
the concert will start at 7:30, I arrived at the arena around 6 and I thought I was so early, 
sounds so crazy and I just waited there, wait and wait 

7:00 the doors open, me and people moved into the arena and I saw the shop where all Laleh's CDs were selling there, tshirts, vinyls, bags, and other cool stuff, I went straight 
and told the girl "I want all CDs, please" she was a bit surprised and said "sure, but the 
pink one are sold out already" "it's fine, I'll just take all left" The pink one is the latest album,
Kristaller (Crystals), the one I wanted the most  but it was ok because I could find it anywhere else, maybe in Stockholm later. So then I got all CDs, from the first album to the 
latest. I felt great and then I bought 2 beers and get ready  


Laleh shop

ABB Arena in Västerås


Then I go to my seat, it was 8th row, I thought it wasn't so bad but it wasn't so good if you really love Laleh and wanted to see the best view of her concert. Next time I swear I won't wait too long and will try to get at least the 3 or 4th row or if it's best I'd go for the front row, yes I'm crazy but I think it will be better 

7:30 pm concert starts, it's so amazing to see all her orchestra band and everything
is so pink, just like the concept of her Kristaller album. The orchestra starts first and then Laleh came out with her perfect voice and wonderful clothes, "Aldrig Bli Som Förr" was the first song she started with and it was so so so cool, 

I felt like I almost cry when I first saw her!

it was Laleh! LALEH the one I was so crazy about and been 
listening to her songs all day everyday! WOW! it was just like a half dreams...


Aldrig Bli Som Förr

Laleh from the screen

Move On

I don't remember how long the concert was but I felt like it was 2 hours or so.
It was amazing and I was very very happy, overwhelming, I don't really know how 
to explain, everything was too good to write down here and no words can describe 
how wonderful it was. Laleh is a very talented person and so magical, she sings so well 
and all her songs are so meaningful and unique, the songs I felt so much for was 
"En Stund På Jorden" it touches my heart so much even I don't really know Swedish 
or even I knew the translation, I know it would be more more beautiful if I could understand them in Swedish, not from the translations, but I mean, they're wonderful, 
so so much.. Laleh 

But there were some things that bothered me so much that most people who were 
sitting around me weren't singing, I didn't know if they don't know the lyrics or they are 
not really enjoy the concert, most of them are like mid-age people but I didn't know why didn't they sing and dance, I was alone so I didn't know how to act and didn't dare to stand up and dance alone, all people around me was like a statue, but I'm sure they liked the concert.. because it was so great 

But you know, even I'm from Thailand and I don't really speak Swedish,
I CAN SING ALL HER SONGS even in Swedish!!!
I really really enjoyed the concert, I was so so happy to be there, to sing all her songs 
that she was singing and dancing in front of me and other people. It was magical, 
dreamy and also very real..


The last song, the best one, 
"Bara Få Va Mig Själv"


Thank you for being yourself, Laleh!

After the concert, there were some people waiting for Laleh, they wanted her to sign 
the posters or wanted to take a picture with her but unfortunately the staff told us that 
she will not come out again but I felt like, hell no, I came across the oceans for 8,000 miles 
and I got something for her, I at least have to give it to her, or maybe ask someone to 
take it to her.. then someone told me to talk to Adam, the guitarist who were very very 
nice to me, I gave the book I made for her to him and then he gave it to Gustaf, 
one important man in the band too. 

Then Gustaf came to talk to me and I asked him  if I could see Laleh

He said he's not sure, but will check for me and blinked, he got the book I gave,

then I waited...


One amazing book I did for Laleh 


Then I waited, 10 minutes, 20 and maybe 30, it wasn't too long but all people 
are gone and I felt like I didn't know what to do, a bit awkward to stand there alone 
with no one by my side and other people around were the staff who were working hard 
and didn't pay attention to me, that was better. And then I thought maybe I should just 
give up and go home, it was all perfect that I made myself to see Laleh concert, 
it was enough and was the best so far..

But then some thoughts came, they said :
No, are you gonna go back to Thailand without seeing her? 

Hell, then what can I do?

Just wait!

Damn... I waited, yes, I did and.. and finally, I saw Laleh walked out from the door, 
the ones I thought she was going to walk out any time, I called her "LALEH!" 
then she saw me, smiled and came, she gave me a big hug, the first hug, first met, everything was so perfect and I felt like it was like a dreams! too good to be true, 
Laleh was standing next to me, in front of me, and was talking to me... 

LALEH

Can I take a picture with you?
Sure! 

she took off her hat and said "oh, we look the same!!" 
I asked Gustaf, the amazing man to take a photo for me,
he took a lot and they're all perfect!




Laleh was so so so nice to me, I knew that! 

she asked "Did you like the concert?"
..YES I liked it, I loved it, Laleh..

she smiled and asked "What songs you like?" Oh, there were a little times and I was 
out of my mind so I only replied; I liked "Some Die Young" and "Bara Få Va Mig Själv"
(It took a while to say that Swedish words) But I wish she knew I liked all songs, 
I wish I could tell her again, more

then she asked if I'm cold, yes it was cold, my feet were very very cold.
Gustaf told me that it's a hockey stadium, there're an ice below (or something)
and yes it was cold! very very cold, then Laleh asked if I want water, I didn't know, 
I was starstruck but she grabbed one bottle of water and gave it to me, 
Thank you, I said. How can she be so nice like this? I love her so 

Then we were walking out from the arena, we had to say good bye at last
because she was going back to the hotel (I guess) Gustaf said something nice to me 
and Laleh gave me a bigger hug, I didn't know how but I said "I love you" 
without knowing that I was gonna say something like that but of course, 
Laleh replied with "I love you too" to me, I smiled 

we said goodbye and I really wish it's not the last time, I know I'm going to see this 
amazing woman again one day, some day, somewhere, but probably here, 
in Sweden.. the country that I love 

Laleh, I wish you know how amazing you are, 
maybe you already knew it but I just want to remind you again, 
and all the things I wrote in the book, all pictures I drew there
are to remind you again and again and I hope you love them too..


My Kristaller for Laleh

Laleh's Kristaller 


Everything was so magical, 
I wish I could remember it for a long long time, 
And I will tell her stories to the children, if I have some...

ja, jag var där
hur underbart var det

My artwork inspired from her in a concert
Laleh Kristallerturnen 


Some people are like stars, 
They're always shining...

You Might Also Like

0 comments